How to create, schedule and publish Instagram posts from Localistico.
Localistico allows at the moment to create, schedule and publish posts that get published both Facebook and Instagram from the campaigns tab. Posts can be launched for all the venues, a group of venues, or just for one store. Managing posts from Localistico allows you to create more targeted campaigns for your Facebook and Instagram fans locally as you may now allow the shop managers, for example, to create their own posts for the stores they manage without giving them access to your business' Facebook and Instagram account.
In order to create a campaign, navigate to the Promotions tab and open Posts. Click on +New post campaign to create your first Facebook & Instagram post:
In the future, there will be an option to create Instagram stand-alone posts from Localistico.
The next step is to set the publication date. If you leave this empty, the campaign publishes when you click on the "publish post campaign".
Then select the venues you would like to include to your post campaign and add the content. Localistico includes by default all the venues in the campaign. If you want to include a subset of the venues, those can be added by selecting them individually or by adding tags. You may find more information about tags from this article.
Once the campaign is ready, click on Publish Post Campaign -button. If you set the publication date, the post will be published on the set date. In case you left the date empty, this will trigger the publication.
Please note that if you publish 900 Facebook & Instagram posts, it might take a couple of hours for all of them to be published from the scheduled time.
Post metrics can be exported in Excel for individual posts campaigns under a specific post campaign or from Post's main page for multiple post campaigns. If you want to export post metrics for multiple post campaigns, we recommend first selecting the correct filters and exporting the metrics only for post campaigns that are necessary, since the export may take a while.
If you are interested in including Instagram posts in your subscription plan, please contact your customer success manager.
Video and image requirements are the following for Facebook&Instagram posts:
Image requirements (as of March 17th 2022):
- Format: JPEG
- File size: 8 MB maximum.
- Aspect ratio: Must be within a 4:5 to 1.91:1 range
- Minimum width: 320 (will be scaled up to the minimum if necessary)
- Maximum width: 1440 (will be scaled down to the maximum if necessary)
- Height: Varies, depending on width and aspect ratio
- Color Space: sRGB. Images using other color spaces will have their color spaces converted to sRGB.
Video requirements (as of March 17th 2022):
- Container: MOV or MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), no edit lists, moov atom at the front of the file.
- Audio codec: AAC, 48khz sample rate maximum, 1 or 2 channels (mono or stereo).
- Video codec: HEVC or H264, progressive scan, closed GOP, 4:2:0 chroma subsampling.
- Frame rate: 23-60 FPS.
- Picture size:
- Maximum columns (horizontal pixels): 1920
- Minimum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 4 / 5
- Maximum aspect ratio [cols / rows]: 16 / 9
- Video bitrate: VBR, 5Mbps maximum
- Audio bitrate: 128kbps
- Duration: 60 seconds maximum, 3 seconds minimum
- File size: 100MB maximum