How to filter the data I need from Metrics Tab, turn it into report and take the action?
You can find the metrics page under Analytics tab on Localistico. On this page you can see for example how many views your location has received or how many times someone requested the directions to your business.
From Localistico you can currently see the metrics from your Google and Facebook profiles. Select one of the platforms, or both of them, to see the relevant metrics and adjust the period to fit your needs. Please note that some metrics are available only for one of the platforms. This information is indicated under the data. Please have a look at the following articles to know how Google and Facebook collect this data:
Localistico extracts this information from your Google My Business and Facebook accounts. Having the ownership of the profiles and the Google and Facebook credentials added to Localistico is mandatory. If you don't know how to add the credentials to Localistico, please have a look at the related articles:
How to filter metrics?
Localistico offers you several filters so that you can obtain the information you need:
- Filter just metrics from Facebook or Google, or select both platforms.
- Metrics can be filtered by a period of time as well. Use one of the fixed periods or apply a custom period. Please note that you can also compare two different periods to see how your metrics have improved.
- You can filter by venue and see the customer actions related to a specific venue.
- If you have added tags to categorize and group your venues, you can filter metrics based on these tags. You can find out more information about adding tags here.
How can I turn the metrics into a report?
Let's have a look at one example, our company would like to see how it's Spanish units have improved their metrics in 2019 compared with 2018. (It's always recommended comparing two similar periods to obtain correct data. If you compared Q1 2020 with Q2 2020 you may notice some changes that are related with the season, not with the actual improvements on the data and your marketing efforts.)
In order to obtain this data, we should:
1. filter the venues that have been assigned with the tag "Spain". If you don't know how to assign tags for the venue, please have a look at this article.
2. select if you would like to obtain data from Google or Facebook, or both platforms
3. and select the periods you would like to compare and click on apply:
Localistico calculates the percentage increase of your locations' views, searches, engagement and actions. The total figures are also displayed next to the percentages. By clicking on each box, you may see a graphics which show the evolution of the growth and helps you to detect some peaks in the data and see when the metrics started to improve:
Based on these peaks and turn points, it is easy to see which actions worked and which did not and make more data driven decisions.
The metrics can be exported into Excel or CSV by clicking on the orange button with the arrow in the upper right corner. The data in the file is divided into locations, so you can easily detect which locations did well and which ones need more attention. In this article we have mapped the data source for each data in the export file.